Looking for something wickedly indulgent to satisfy a sweet tooth? Look no further. I have just the thing: Salted Caramel Chocolate Coconut Bars.
I am going to start off by saying that this recipe is something that you make when you are serving it to a large crowd. Unless you want to find yourself eating the whole tray. I mean it. Once you try one of these sinful little delights, you will want another…and another…and another. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
I will say that these awesome little bars are made with all good quality, REAL food ingredients like coconut, honey, gelatin, and raw cacao. If you are going to indulge, might as well keep it clean.
Have you ever made dairy free caramel? OMG! I had no idea. I made it recently and could not believe how good it is. HOLY YUM! One day, while indulging in some homemade caramel, the idea for this recipe came to me. CARAMEL, CHOCOLATE, and COCONUT. It’s a total dessert. It is something that I would make for a special occasion. And it sort of blew my mind.
These Salted Caramel Chocolate Coconut Bars are NO JOKE. Decadent, sinful, wickedly tasty. And you will not be able to resist. So make a tray Share them with your friends. Be happy.
You are welcome!
NOTE: This dessert is a 3 step process. You have 3 layers to prepare. It’s a lot easier than it looks. Start by preparing you decadent dairy free caramel sauce. Make the other 2 layers while it cooks. Then pour the caramel layer on top. Easy peasy!
- ½ cups coconut butter, melted
- 1 TBS coconut, melted
- 2 TBS full fat coconut milk (where to get BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 1 TBS raw cacao powder
- 1 TBS raw honey
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (where to get BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2 TBS coconut palm sugar
- 2 TBS ghee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tbsp grass fed gelatin
- Combine all caramel layer ingredients, EXCEPT FOR GELATIN, in a thick-bottomed small sauce pan. Heat to a gently simmer, whisking to thoroughly combine. Allow to simmer for 25 minutes, undisturbed. (This is where you prepare the other 2 layers)
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with unbleached parchment paper. Mix melted coconut oil and honey together in a small bowl. Pour over shredded coconut and mix until thoroughly combined. Press mixture firmly into bottom of lined pan. Place in freezer FOR 10 minutes to harden.
- Combine melted coconut butter and coconut oil in a small bowl. Add the rest of the chocolate layer ingredients and mix until creamy smooth. Spread over coconut layer. Place into freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Continue to let caramel mixture simmer for another 5 minutes and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. It should have reduced and thickened a bit. Turn off heat. Sprinkle in 1 tsp of good quality gelatin and whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove baking dish with coconut and chocolate layer from the freezer and pour the caramel/gelatin mixture on top. Place into fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Remove from baking dish by pulling up on the sides of the parchment paper. Cut into desired sized squares.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.