I love to eat healthy real food EVERY day, but I don’t always feel like cooking. Some days are just busy and hectic, and I just want dinner on the table. That’s when I make these super easy Rosemary Lamb Burgers.
I love food. I love to cook it. I love to eat it. And I love to talk about it. But the reality is that I don’t always have the time and energy to spend hours every day prepping, cooking, and cleaning the kitchen. Who does? (I’m currently taking applications for a magical kitchen fairy who comes and swoops up my mess after I’m done in the kitchen.)
I’m always trying to create simple recipe that make my life in the kitchen easier. If I can bust out a gourmet-tasting meal in under 30 minutes, I’m feeling good. That’s where burger come in.
I can’t say that I have eaten much lamb in my life. But we have a local restaurant here in Sebastopol, Ca that serves a lamb burger that is to DIE FOR! I’m talking the BEST DANG BURGER you have ever tasted. Seriously! And I’m not the only one who thinks so. Right after the birth of my last baby (sweet little Pearl), my girlfriend asked me what I wanted. I wanted that lamb burger. I can still remember exactly how it tasted. After a less than 4 hour marathon birth at home, I could have eaten 5 of those burgers. (My mouth is watering just thinking about it.)
So when I got some fresh, local ground lamb in my meat CSA box this week, I knew exactly what I was making. This is my version of the bomb lamb burger: Rosemary Lamb Burger with Pesto.
What goes better with lamb than rosemary? I HIGHLY recommend using fresh rosemary for this recipe. Fresh herbs just taste better. If you don’t have a rosemary bush in your yard, you know that someone in your neighborhood does. No one will notice if you pinch off a little sprig. (don’t tell them I sent you!)
And pesto. It makes everything better. It turned this awesome burger into a gourmet burger.
When making burgers, we always skip the bun. Serve these juicy little burgers over your favorite salad greens or sprouts. My current favorite id arugula. I like the combo of the spicy arugula wit the savory lamb. (I’m still drooling over here!)
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tsp ]unrefined sea salt
- 1 TBS fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 TBS coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- 1 bunch fresh basil (leaves only)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ¼ cup hemp seeds or raw pumpkin seeds
- salad greens of choice (arugula is so good here)
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix ground lamb, rosemary, and salt until thoroughly combined. (I use my hands here) And form into 1 inch thick patties.
- Melt fat of choice in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties, flipping once, until browned and cooked to desired doneness. I cook mine about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, place basil, olive oil, lemon, garlic, and salt into a food processor. Process until you achieve a smooth texture. You will need to scrape the sides a few times. Then add the hemp seeds (or pumpkin seeds) and pulse until desired pesto consistency. Adjust for salt and lemon.
- Toss your salad greens in a titch of olive oil, white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Place your lamb burger on top. Add a dollop of pesto. ENJOY!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
MORE BURGER RECIPES:
- Spinach Cilantro Turkey Burgers
- Green Chili and Cilantro Burgers
- Lamb Burgers with Portobello Mushroom Buns
- Salted Mocha Burgers
- The Perfect Burger
- Bacon and BBQ Burgers