Welcome to another edition of REAL Food Books. Today we will be looking at DIY Organic Beauty Recipes by Heather form Mommypotamus. It is not a book about food, but living the REAL food lifestyle involves being mindful of not only the food we put into our body but also the products we put ON our bodies.
Women and beauty products – it’s a love affair that’s been going on for centuries. And no wonder. There’s nothing like a new lipstick or favorite perfume to make us look and feel good. Right? Maybe not.
Studies are now finding that most of the beauty and cosmetic products sold commercially are loaded with harmful synthetic chemicals that are damaging to our health. Did you know that the average woman puts 515 chemicals on her body daily? That’s incredible. (source)
Did you also know that 99 percent of breast cancer tissues have parabens from cosmetics? Parabens are a class of chemicals widely used as preservatives by cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Deodorants and antiperspirants are some of the primary sources of parabens, but these harmful chemicals can be found in many other beauty products and over time can collect and build up in tissues of the body. NOT GOOD! (source)
There is a Solution: Make Your Own
I have been making my own condiments and foods at home for years. As I learned more about healthy eating and living, I realized that my conscientiousness had extend beyond what was on my plate. I have recently started making my own beauty products as well. And this is the book that got me started.
Heather has written a beautifully illustrated, comprehensive manual for natural beauty care. From body and facial washes to facial toners and shampoos, it’s all in there. I have been curious about oil cleansing for a while, and Heather does a great job explaining how to do it with recipes for particular skin types. Removing mascara has always been a drag for me, but Heather’s recipe for eye make up remover is simple AND effective. What I love best is that she has found a way to preserve these wonderful products without harmful additives so they last longer and save me money.
What You Will Learn
- Make your own shampoo, conditioners, lotions and deodorant
- Whiten your teeth naturally without harsh chemicals like coal tar, fluoride, aspartame, aluminum and benzene
- Use natural preservatives, make sure your skin and hair remain PH balanced, and formulate products that are safe for small children
Benefits Of Ordering Your Copy
By ordering this in depth recipe guide for personal beauty and hygiene, you’ll get:
- The new DIY Organic Beauty Recipes ebook in PDF format containing more than 50 All-Natural, Toxin Free Recipes That Really Work!
- Exclusive access to several video tutorial so you don’t have to do it alone!
- A chance to craft amazing homemade, holiday gifts for friends and family you can know their bodies will enjoy!