Yes, another pumpkin recipe. It is that time of year. And today I’m sharing with you my all time favorite smoothie recipe: Pumpkin Spice Smoothie.
All I can say is that this smoothie is like drinking a piece of pumpkin pie. And I LOVE pumpkin pie!
Once the weather gets cooler, I usually don’t drink too many smoothies. But smoothies are my favorite way to get my daily dose of gelatin into my diet. I use collagen peptides from Vital Proteins as it dissolves easily in cold liquids. The regular grass fed gelatin is for hot beverages and foods that you will heat up. Gelatin has so many awesome health benefits. Read more about that HERE.
Loaded with healthy fats from coconuts, hearty antioxidant rich pumpkin, protein and gut healing goodness from grass fed gelatin, and warming spices, this smoothie packs a real nutrient-dense punch. I sweeten it just a titch with maple syrup. Feel free to add a bit more for a decadent dessert.
I’ve been making this in the mornings lately, and everyone in the house has been loving it. The cinnamon and ginger are so comforting and warming. I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups coconut milk (homemade OR 1 cup full fat canned diluted with 1 cup water)
- 1 banana, frozen (or throw in a few ice cubes if not frozen)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (fresh baked OR organic canned)
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ⅛ tsp clove powder
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 TBS collagen peptide from grass fed source (I use THIS brand)
- Combine everything in a blender. Puree until smooth. Drink and enjoy!