Doesn’t a Pink Grapefruit Mojito Popsicle sound good right about now? Stay cool this summer with these refreshingly revitalizing and chilly popsicles.
I’ve always had a thing for grapefruits. The slightly bitter, sour, and just a hint of sweet taste of these pink beauties is so refreshing to me. When I was pregnant with my first many years ago (yes, she did just graduate high school), I couldn’t get enough of grapefruit. I’m pretty sure I ate one EVERY day for 9 months. Not sure what that was about.
Today, I still love them. Occasionally I like to juice them. Sometimes I peel them and eat them. I add them to my Chicken Salad with Citrus, Avocado, and Beets. I’ve also been known to indulge in the occasional grapefruit and vodka cocktail with a titch elderflower liqueur. Doesn’t that sound divine?
Today’s recipe is a wonderfully crisp and refreshing popsicle that was inspired by another one of my favorite cocktails. No, it doesn’t have any rum in it. (But that might be fun too!) But it does have freshly picked mint from my back yard, a hint of sweet honey from a friend’s hives, and of course, grapefruit.
What I love about these popsicles is that they are not overly sweet. If you love grapefruits, you are going to love these. Especially on a hot summer afternoon when you are ready for something to cool you down.
Enjoy and stay cool!
- a large handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2-3 TBS raw honey (depending on how sweet you like them)
- 1 and ½ cups fresh pink grapefruit juice (I used 2 large pink grapefruits)
- Place mint leaves into a small bowl and pour boiling water on top. Muddle leaves around a bit to begin the infusion. Stir in honey. Cover and allow to cool completely.
- Once mint infusion has cooled, strain with a fine sieve and discard mint leaves.
- Combine mint infusion and fresh grapefruit juice and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until completely frozen. Enjoy! (feel free to add a few fresh mint leaves into popsicle molds to add a bit of flair)