Sometimes the best recipes are the simplest. Life is complicated enough, so when it comes to making food for my family, I like to keep it straightforward and effortless. One of my intentions for this site is to offer REAL food recipes that are easy and realistic for busy families, making healthy living more accessible.
Yams are some of my favorite foods. I consider them an amazing SUPERFOOD because they are loaded with nutrient-dense goodness. Yams contain approximately 30% of your daily vitamin C requirements. Yams are also rich in Vitamin B-complex, especially B6. B vitamins are essential for your body to regulate stress and mood, along with many other metabolic functions. Because of the fiber and carbohydrate content of yams, they are an excellent source of long-lasting energy. And don’t forget about Vitamin A, Potassium, Iron, Calcium, Manganese, and Copper.
A regular side dish at our house is Honey Sesame Yams. They are easy to make. They add a nice complement to any savory meal. And they taste great as leftovers the next day. This recipe makes a large amount to serve a whole family, to have enough for leftovers, or to bring to a potluck. You can easily half this recipe, but you’ll be wishing you made more after you taste them.
- Preheat oven to 375' F
- Combine honey, butter/ghee, and coconut oil
- In a large bowl, honey/oil/butter mixture over chopped yams and mix until yams are well coated
- Place yams onto a large baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle sesame seeds over yams. Carefully combine seeds by using a flat spatula to flip yams
- Return to oven and bake for another 40 minutes, or until yams are soft and starting to brown. I like to turn the yams once or twice during baking to make sure they are nicely coated with the oil/honey/sesame mixture
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with a pinch or two of celtic sea salt
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!