Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated. I’m all about quick and simple recipes that make my life easier. These Cilantro Lime Steak Strips require only 5 minutes of prep and a few minutes of cook time. Throw together a colorful salad or some veggie sides, and you have a beautiful meal all ready to go.
I am going to admit that cooking a good steak has never been easy for me. I buy local, grass fed beef and have found that it’s been hit or miss when I cook it. Ever had a tough steak? Yeah, no bueno, Until now. I have discovered that if I cut my steak into steak strips, it is easy to marinate and cook. Takes just a few minutes, and it’s never over done.
What I love about this recipe is that I can spend 5 minutes prepping in the morning, leave the steak in the fridge to marinate, and dinner is a breeze in the evening. My family loves this simple, zesty recipe. Flavorful and delicious. Tender and juicy.
Once you try this, you will want to add it to your regular meal rotation. Here’s to easy recipes that make more time for the fun things in life.
- 1 pound of grass fed steak, cut into strips
- Place steak strips into a shallow bowl or pan.
- Process all marinade ingredients in a blender or small food processor until well blended like salad dressing.
- Pour marinade over steak strips and toss to evenly coat. Cover and allow to marinade for at least an hours in the fridge (I leave mine in all day.)
- Melt 1 TBS of ghee over medium-high heat. Add steak strips and stir to coat with oil.
- Cook about 2 minutes on each side for a strips that are browned on the outside but still pink on the inside. Allow space between the strips as they will not cook properly if overcrowded. You may have to use 2 pans or do 2 batches. Cook times will vary depending on your type of steak and thickness of strips.