I have been on a cauliflower kick lately. I’ve discovered that I really love this versatile, nutrient-dense veggie. So when I got 2 huge heads of cauliflower in my CSA box this week, I decided to experiment a bit. This is what I came up with: Cheesy Bacon Cauliflower Bites.
Cauliflower has been on the menu quite often around here lately. My kids love it when I make Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Another favorite is Grain Free Pesto Flatbread. Did you happen to see my post last week on 32 Delicious Cauliflower Recipes? I have made several of them, and they are AMAZING! My favorite was the Sneaky Cheesy Garlic Bread from Beauty and the Foodie. Her recipes make me drool! That recipe actually inspired the one I am about to share with you all.
These little cauliflower mini bites are the perfect snack idea. Who doesn’t love bacon, eggs, and cheese? Make them for your kids, and they will love them. Having a little gathering? These little morsels make excellent finger food for a party. Or just do what I did and make a batch and eat half of them before anyone else has a chance to come into the kitchen. (true story!)
I make these cauliflower bites in my mini muffin pans. Be sure to liberally coat them with oil so they don’t stick. Allowing them to cool will make removing them easier. ENJOY!
- butter, ghee, or coconut oil for coating muffin pans
- 2 cups cauliflower "rice" (raw cauliflower florets ground in food processor into a rice consistency)
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- 2 TBS water
- 3 eggs, whisked, preferably pastured
- 1 cup cheese (I used cheddar but parmesan or mozzarella would be delicious too)
- 1 TBS coconut flour
- ½ tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400'F. Liberally coated mini muffin pans with butter, ghee, or coconut oil.
- Place 2 cups of cauliflower “rice” into medium pot. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and 2 TBS water. Cover and steam on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Stir occasionally. Uncover, remove from heat, and allow to cool a bit.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, coconut flour, salt, and garlic. Add the cooked cauliflower and mix to combine.
- Fold in bacon pieces.
- Fill your mini muffin pans ¾ full of the mixture. Press down with the back of a spoon to get it in there good.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until your mini cauliflower bites come out golden and delicious.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!