I love kale. I eat it almost every day. Really. I eat it with my eggs in the morning. I make green soup for lunch. And it usually shows up on our dinner plates in some form or another. And when I just don’t feel like cooking, I make Kale and Sausage.
I almost always have a package of sausage in the freezer. We buy an organic chicken apple sausage. And kale grows year round in the backyard. So you could call this my go-to-meal when I’m feeling uninspired or just plain lazy.
There’s really nothing to this. So simple to prepare. And it’s delicious, savory, and satisfying. My favorite addition is some yummy, leftover sweet potatoes. The sweetness of the yams adds a nice touch. I love salty and sweet together.
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into thin ribbons
- 3 - 4 sausages ( preferably organic and sustainable) We like chicken apple but any sausage will work
- 1 TBS coconut aminos (a healthy soy sauce alternative)
- 1 tsp butter or ghee
- Steam kale for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with coconut aminos
- Meanwhile chop sausage into bite-sized pieces and saute in butter/ghee until thoroughly browned and thoroughly cooked
- Remove sausages from heat and add cooked kale
- Mix to combine and serve