- 4–5 golden beets, quartered or cubed
- 1 delicata squash, deseeded and sliced into thin crescents
- 3 tbsp of butter, coconut oil, or ghee (like this), divided
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp chili powder (I like this one)
- 1 bunch kale, stems and center rib cut off and leaves sliced into thin ribbons (I used curly kale)
- 1 small pomegranate
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Toss beets together with 1 tablespoon of fat of choice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread beets out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until tender and beginning to brown.
- In a large bowl, toss together squash slices, 1 tablespoon of fat of choice, cinnamon, chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- After beets have been in the oven for 15 minutes, place baking sheet with squash into oven as well. Roast for 20 minutes, giving both beets and squash a turn with a spatula one time during baking.
- When veggies are done in oven, heat remaining tablespoon of fat of choice in a large skillet on mediumhigh heat. Add kale ribbons and 1 tablespoon of water. Sautee for 3-4 minutes until kale is softened and bright green.
- Prepare dressing by placing all ingredients into blender and processing until smooth. I like to use my hand immersion blender and a small glass jar.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing onto kale and toss. Divide dressed kale onto 4 small plates. Top with roasted golden beets and squash. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. Serve warm. Enjoy!