Delicious and easy anti-inflammatory breakfast. Gluten free. Nut free. Crazy good.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted (I use THIS brand)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk of any kind
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, ghee, or butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( I use THIS one)
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
ghee, butter, or coconut oil for cooking
fruit and maple syrup for topping
- Whisk together coconut flour, baking soda, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, milk,melted fat of choice, vanilla and optional maple syrup.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until throughly combined. The mixture will be a bit thicker than regular pancake mix.
- Heat skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium heat and grease liberally with fat of choice. Add 1 heaping tablespoon for each pancake, using the back of the spoon to spread/smooth into a circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes (or until golden underneath), gently flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on other side, watching carefully as coconut flour can burn if heat is too high.
- Repeat with rest of batter, adding more fat of choice as needed. Recipe makes about 10-12 small pancakes. Top with whatever makes you happy. Enjoy!