Fact: I love cookies. I do. They make me happy. I love to try new recipes. Baking may be one of my all time favorite things to do. My family definitely doesn’t complain about my obsession. Here are 20 of my most favorite gluten free cookie recipes that I have found from around the blogosphere. (and all are primal and paleo-friendly!)
Gluten and grain free baking doesn’t have to be hard. Having a few basic staples in the pantry makes it easy and fun. And yes, we should all be eating cookies in moderation but all of these recipes are loaded with wholesome, REAL food ingredients that you can feel good about eating and serving to your family.
There is definitely a learning curve if you are new to gluten and grain free baking. Just dive in. That’s what I did. It’s fun to learn as you go.
Gluten and Grain Free Baking Essentials
I use a blanched almond flour as it gives a sweet and light texture to baked goods. THIS is my favorite brand.
This is made from the coconut solids that are left over after the meat been used to produce coconut milk. The solids are ground into a very fine, flour-like powder. It is low in carbohydrates and very high in fiber. NOTE: You cannot just substitute coconut flour in regular recipes. It absorbed liquid completely differently, and recipes will need to be adapted for it’s unique qualities. I use THIS brand.
Coconut oil is great for baking. It has a delicious flavor that compliments both of the flours mentioned above. I like THIS one because it comes in a huge container.
Grass Fed Butter or Ghee:
Some recipes just call for a butter flavor. I highly recommend finding a grass fed source as it will be higher in nutritional value. Ghee is my fat of choice in my kitchen. It is excellent in baked goods. I make my own but you can also buy a good quality ghee HERE
If your honey doesn’t say “RAW” on it, chances are that it has been adulterated with high fructose corn syrup. Finding a local source for honey is ideal. You can also but organic, raw honey online HERE.
REAL Maple syrup:
Again, be sure the label says REAL. Corn syrup likes to find it’s way anywhere it can. THIS is the brand that I use.
Some recipes call for a dry sugar. I love coconut sugar because it has a rich taste like brown sugar. And it has a low glycemic index. You can substitute any white or brown sugar with coconut sugar. You can also process it fine in a food processor or high speed blender to make powdered sugar. THIS is the brand that I love.
Raw Cacao Powder:
I have been using raw cacao powder instead of unsweetened cocoa powder in my baking. It is raw, unprocessed, antioxidant, and full of minerals and essential fatty acids. THIS is the brand that I use.
Again quality matters. Eggs from chickens that have been allowed to roam and eat their natural diet make healthier eggs. Your local farmers market is a great plave to find local, pastured eggs. Read more HERE about keeping backyard chickens.
I use THIS dairy, soy, and nut free brand.
Let me know if you try any of these delicious gluten free cookie recipes. I love to hear feedback, especially substitutions that people make. Happy baking!
Top 20 Gluten Free Cookie Recipes
1. Flourless Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies from Savory Lotus
2. Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (grain free) from Primally Inspired
3. Grain Free Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from Don’t Mess With Mama
4. Sunflower Butter Cookies from Beauty and the Foodie
5. Grain free Ginger Cookies from Savory Lotus
6. Paleo Pumpkin Spice Cookies from Grok Grub
7. Gluten Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies from Oh Lardy!
8. Gluten Free “Oatmeal” Raisin Cookies from Don’t Mess with Mama
9. The Best and Easiest Nut Butter Cookies from Naturally Persnickety
10. Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies from Healy Real Food Vegetarian
11. Grain Free Blueberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies from Homemade Mommy
12. Chocolate Mint Cookies from Good Girl Gone Green
13. Paleo Snickerdoodles from Rubies and Radishes
14. Double Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies from Ditch the Wheat
15. Chocolate-Dipped French Madeleines from Grass Fed Girl
16. Giant Sunbutter and Chocolate Chunk Cookies from So Let’s Hang Out
17. Double Trouble Paleo Chocolate Cookies from Gutsy By Nature
18. Paleo Sugar Cookies from Against All Grain
19. Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons from The Sprouting Seed
20. Grain Free Vanilla Shortbread Cookies from Real Food Kosher
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.