It’s that time of year again. Time to celebrate the ones we love and to make them something yummy and sweet. I guess food is one of the ways that I like to show my love. I wasn’t even sure if I was going to do a Valentine’s Day post, but a few days ago, my sweetie came home with some really cute heart-shaped candy molds. Then I felt inspired.
I actually ended up getting super inspired. I made 3 different kinds of treats. I made Toasted Coconut Almond Fudge, Toasted Coconut Almond Delight, and Cashew Pomegranate Bites.
The recipe below is for the Toasted Coconut Almond Fudge. The recipe is unbelievably easy. I used a double-boiler made from a glass bowl and a medium- sized cooking pot. All of the ingredients were thing that I already had laying around the kitchen. And the results were DELICIOUS!!!! A little bit sweet, a little bit salty, and a little bit nutty…..
To make Toasted Coconut Almond Delights, just leave out the raw cacao and reduce the coconut oil to 1/4 cup. There are times when chocolate doesn’t work for me. It tends to keep me up at night. These DELIGHTS are the perfect late night treat. They are actually GOOD for you.
I used hard candy molds to make these. But in the past, I have just used mini muffin tins. They pop out easily once they harden in the freezer. These treats are best stored in the freezer. They get soft at room temperature.
Thanks, Alexei, for inspiring these. I love you!!!!
Look for the recipe for Cashew Pomegranate Bites soon…… Happy LOVE day to everyone!!!!Print
- Toast shredded coconut in oven at 350′ F until golden brown, stirring every couple of minutes to prevent burning.
- In a double boiler, melt coconut oil, honey, and almond butter until nice and smooth
- Add sifted cocoa powder and salt. Continue to mix
- Turn off heat and fold in toasted coconut
- Pour into hard candy molds or into mini muffin tins
- Place into freezer to harden for at least 2 hours (I know, hard to wait. But so worth it)
- Remove from molds and store in freezer in sealed containers, separating layers with parchment paper
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.