- 7 ounces pad thai style rice noodles (like this) (or 3 cups of your fav veggie noodles)
- 3 cups shredded or grated cabbage (I used a mix of green and purple cabbage)
- 1 cup grated or julienned carrots
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 of a mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 packed cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup cashews, roughly chopped
ALMOND BUTTER LIME DRESSING
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (like this)
- 3 tbsp water
- 1–2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- a 2 inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- splash of your fav hot sauce, optional
- Boil 4 cups of water in tea kettle or pot. Place rice noodles into a large glass bowl. Pour boiling water over noodles and allow to soften for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place all dressing ingredients into blender and process until creamy smooth. Adjust for sweetness and extra coconut aminos, if desired. Thin with water, one tablespoon at a time, to get desired thickness. Set aside.
- Chop, grate, and slice cabbage, carrots, red pepper, mango, and cilantro. Place cooled rice noodles into large bowl and add veggie mixture. Mix to combine. Top with green onions and cashews.
- If serving entire salad, drizzle on dressing and toss until well coated. For individual servings, keep undressed until ready to serve. Store leftovers of undressed salad for up to 4 days in fridge.
Keywords: Thai noodle salad