- 2 cups nuts of choice (almond, hazelnut, pecans, walnuts, cashews)
- 1 and 1/2 TBS coconut oil, butter, or ghee
- 3 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 TBS water
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- OPTIONAL: a titch of cayenne for some heat
- Heat nuts in a dry skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until begin to toast, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix spices and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt fat of choice over medium heat. Add coconut sugar, water, and spices and stir until you have a nice, smooth glaze.
- Add nuts back into skillet and toss until well coated. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, until nuts start to brown a bit.
- Remove from heat and transfer to baking sheet lined with unbleached parchment paper to cool completely.
- Store in air tight glass container.