- 2 cups mixed nuts – almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, hazelnuts (preferably soaked and dehydrated)
- 1 and 1/2 TBS coconut oil (like this), butter, or ghee (like this)
- 2 TBS raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (like this)
- 1/8 tsp coriander powder (like this one)
- pinch of turmeric (like this)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- OPTIONAL: a titch of cayenne for some heat
- Preheat oven to 350’F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper (like this).
- Mix all spices and salt together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt fat of choice in a skillet over medium heat. Add spice mixture and honey, stirring until you have a nice glaze.
- Add nuts to skillet and stir until completely coated.
- Spread coated nuts evenly onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Give the pan a shake or two while baking.
- Remove from oven. Give the nuts one final turn with a spatula and allow to cool for a couple of hours.
- Store in air tight glass container.