Crispy sweet potato fries with sriracha lime mayo. Yes, please.
Eating clean doesn’t mean that you have to deprive yourself of the good things in life. Like fries. Because, IMHO, fries are awesome and amazing and I could eat them everyday.
My people know that fries are totally my jam. I’ll take some crispy fries over a cupcake any day. Who’s with me on this one?
Today’s recipe is how I do fries at home. I combine two of my food favs into one delicious recipe: sweet potato fries.
Sweet potato fries are super easy to make. They are the perfect side dish or snack. And they taste good with just about anything.
Here’s the deets:
sweet potatoes… one of the healthiest and yummiest foods on Earth. Loaded with all the important things like fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
spices… I use a combo of garlic powder, chili powder, and cinnamon. Topped with a bit of sea salt. SO GOOD!
baked… I bake these in the oven in avocado oil because avocado oil is good for high heat cooking. You can also use ghee if that’s what you have.
crispy… life is too short for soggy fries. See below for my simple tips for crispy fries.
the mayo… my current fav dip for sweet potato fries is Sriracha lime mayo. Make it. Trust me.
Tips for crispy fries:
- high heat (425’F)
- cut fries evenly so they cook evenly – 1/4 to 1/2 inch matchsticks
- tapioca starch (totally optional but helps with the crisp factor)
- parchment paper (keeps them from sticking and helps them crisp up nicely)
- personal space (don’t crowd them on the baking sheet. Let them “breathe” so they don’t absorb the steam from each other and get soggy.)
- hold the salt until AFTER baking.
I love the combo of garlic powder, chili powder, and cinnamon, but these fries are super versatile. Other flavor combos you may enjoy:
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
Oven baked crispy sweet potato fries with sriracha lime mayo. So easy!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds) – washed and peeled
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (THIS is my fav brand)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (like this)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (like this)
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (like this)
- salt – to taste
FOR SRIRACHA LIME MAYO
- Preheat oven to 425’F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 to 1/2 inch evenly-sized matchsticks and place into a large bowl. Drizzle with avocado oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle on garlic powder, chili powder, and cinnamon. Toss to coat again.
- Divide sweet potatoes evenly between the two baking trays. Sprinkle the tapioca evenly over them all and toss until evenly coated and tapioca has soaked into the oil. Make sure fries are spaced out and not touching.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip and bake for another 7-10 minutes, until nice and crispy. Sprinkle with salt. Enjoy!
- Prepare Sriracha Mayo while sweet potato fries bake. Simply whisk together all mayo ingredients. Set aside until ready to use.
Sweet potato fries are best served right out of the oven.
Keywords: sweet potato fries
CLICK HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.