Hey there, friends! While I am away enjoying some much needed time with my daughter, who just graduated high school (yay!), I will be sharing some awesome guest posts with you all. Today, Jennifer from Predominantly Paleo shares a savory and delicious recipe for Stuffed Mushroom with Herbed “Cheese.” Be sure to check out her site for more drool-worthy food ideas. You can find her on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram as well.
Stuffed mushrooms are always a delicious appetizer that seems to make everyone at the table happy! They are bite-sized, savory, and satisfying! They are also typically packed with toasted bread crumbs and cheese! This is a no-go for grain and dairy free eaters.
As a food lover with restricted culinary options, I am always enthused to find forbidden recipes made attainable again. So with these mushrooms, I wanted to recreate them so that they were still savory and moist but without the worry that they would be creating any sort of internal damage!Print
- 2 cartons white button mushrooms
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (pasture raised when possible)
- 1 small white onion diced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- ½ teaspoon garlic sea salt
- ½ cup cashews (soaked and drained)
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- ¼ cup fresh water
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 fresh chives minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, set aside
- Now combine sausage and onion in a skillet over medium/high heat
- Cook until sausage is fully done
- Make a slurry with the beef broth and arrowroot powder
- Pour slurry into skillet and allow to thicken
- Season with garlic sea salt and remove from heat
- While sausage is cooking, start making your cheese mixture by taking your soaked cashews and combining with dill, water, lemon juice, onion powder, chives and garlic powder in a blender or small food processor. Mix until creamy
- Take your mushrooms and spoon sausage mixture into the cavities
- Place mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Next spoon a dollop of the “cheese” mixture on top of each sausage stuffed mushroom
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until “cheese” is toasted
Click HERE to PIN THIS:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Jennifer is a wife and mother of 3 in pursuit of better health for her family. Her recipes are predominantly paleo, meaning they are free of grain, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar, but make allowances for a few treats and sweets. She believes food can be medicine when used appropriately, and that a few changes now can equate to huge benefits later.