Hey there, friends! While I am away enjoying some much needed time with my daughter, who just graduated high school (yay!), I will be sharing some awesome guest posts with you all. Today, Jennifer from Predominantly Paleo shares a savory and delicious recipe for Stuffed Mushroom with Herbed “Cheese.” Be sure to check out her site for more drool-worthy food ideas. You can find her on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram as well.
Stuffed mushrooms are always a delicious appetizer that seems to make everyone at the table happy! They are bite-sized, savory, and satisfying! They are also typically packed with toasted bread crumbs and cheese! This is a no-go for grain and dairy free eaters.
As a food lover with restricted culinary options, I am always enthused to find forbidden recipes made attainable again. So with these mushrooms, I wanted to recreate them so that they were still savory and moist but without the worry that they would be creating any sort of internal damage!Print
Stuffed Mushrooms with Herbed “Cheese” (dairy free, paleo)
- 2 cartons white button mushrooms
- 1 pound breakfast sausage (pasture raised when possible)
- 1 small white onion diced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- ½ teaspoon garlic sea salt
- ½ cup cashews (soaked and drained)
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- ¼ cup fresh water
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 fresh chives minced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, set aside
- Now combine sausage and onion in a skillet over medium/high heat
- Cook until sausage is fully done
- Make a slurry with the beef broth and arrowroot powder
- Pour slurry into skillet and allow to thicken
- Season with garlic sea salt and remove from heat
- While sausage is cooking, start making your cheese mixture by taking your soaked cashews and combining with dill, water, lemon juice, onion powder, chives and garlic powder in a blender or small food processor. Mix until creamy
- Take your mushrooms and spoon sausage mixture into the cavities
- Place mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Next spoon a dollop of the “cheese” mixture on top of each sausage stuffed mushroom
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until “cheese” is toasted
Click HERE to PIN THIS:
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Jennifer is a wife and mother of 3 in pursuit of better health for her family. Her recipes are predominantly paleo, meaning they are free of grain, gluten, dairy, and refined sugar, but make allowances for a few treats and sweets. She believes food can be medicine when used appropriately, and that a few changes now can equate to huge benefits later.