Strawberry Banana Muffins – light, moist, bursting with banana flavor, and generously packed with fresh strawberry chunks.
And I’ve been asked several times if it can be made into muffins. Yes. Yes, it can. I’ve adjusted the measurements and ingredients here to make 12 beautiful muffins full of strawberry banana goodness.
Just like with the Strawberry Banana Bread, this recipe is super simple. I use my favorite gluten and grain free blend of almond flour, arrowroot, and coconut flour for the base because I just adore the texture this combo makes. Moist and fluffy because life is too short to eat dry, dense muffins. AmIright?
And because I know someone is going to ask, you can sub the arrowroot for tapioca flour. Or just leave it out and add the same amount of almond flour. I use the arrowroot to lighten the texture a bit.
Gluten and grain free baking doesn’t have to be complicated. It just takes a little bit of playing around with proportions to get it right. I made 3 batches of these little gems before I was completely satisfied. My family definitely doesn’t complain on recipe testing days.
What I love about these muffins:
…nutrient-dense. If you’re going to eat a sweet treat, it might as well be a healthy one. Loaded with protein-rich almond flour and eggs and overflowing with natural fruit goodness, these are muffins you can feel good about eating.
…30 minutes. A half hour investment of your time is all it takes.
…the smell. There are no words for the warm strawberry banana scent that escapes from the oven when baking these delicious morsels.
Make these muffins for breakfast, for a snack, for a healthy, dessert, for your best friend’s birthday treat. Whatever. Just make them. Your people will thank you.
And if you do make them, Instagram me a photo! I love it when people do that (no seriously, it’s kind of my favorite).
So, what are you waiting for?
- 1 and 1/2 cup almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder (like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
- 2 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (I use THIS raw brand)
- 1 and 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped – divided
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, ripe mashed bananas, fat of choice, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar.
- Add wet to dry and mix until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in ONE cup of the chopped strawberries (you’ll use the remaining 1/2 cup in a minute.) Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cup. Tap muffin tin onto counter to get batter to settle. Top muffins with remaining 1/2 cup of chopped strawberries.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, until golden and firm to touch in the center. Cool on baking rack. Enjoy!
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.