- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 3 apples
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- a pinch of clove
- a couple scrapes of whole nutmeg (like this)
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half. Peel and core your 3 apples. And place them all into a baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove apples and return sweet potatoes to oven (covered) and bake another 20 minutes or so, until completely soft. Allow to cool a bit.
- Gently peel the skin from the sweet potatoes and place into food processor. Add apples and spices. Puree until completely smooth.
- Cover mesh screens with unbleached parchment paper (like this) and pour mixture on top. Spread evenly until it is about 1/4 of an inch thick. Dehydrate until no longer sticky and has a smooth surface.