- one pound ground meat (I used pork)
- 2 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1 tsp chili powder (like this)
- 1 tsp unrefined salt (I use THIS brand)
- one medium sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp green chiles, chopped (fresh or canned)
- 12 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375’F and grease a 9×12 baking dish.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and brown ground meat until there is no pink left. Add cumin and chili powder and mix well to combine.
- Add shredded sweet potato and salt and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add spinach and cook for another minute or two until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and add cilantro and green chiles.
- Place mixture into bottom of prepared baking dish and pour whisked eggs on top. Give the dish a little jiggle to allow eggs to settle into mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center is set.
I used ground pork for this recipe, but you can use any ground meat that you like. If you use a really lean meat, you may want to add a titch of ghee or coconut oil to the pan when cooking.