- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp molasses (like this)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS fine blanched brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom or allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- plus extra coconut sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325’F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, melted fat, molasses, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in almond flour, coconut flour, spices, salt, and baking soda.
- Use a cookie scoop or rounded spoon to scoop 12 heaping balls onto lined baking tray. Press down and flatten slightly as these cookies do not flatten or rise much. Sprinkle with a bit of extra coconut sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, until golden on top and you can easily lift cookie with a spatula. Allow to cool completely on tray. Cookies will firm up a bit as they cool and get nice and chewy.
For perfectly-shaped cookies that are easy to shape, you can place batter in fridge for an hour. Then roll scoops of batter in hands into little balls. Flatten and bake as directed.