CREAMY LEMON DILL DRESSING
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used a dairy free coconut yogurt)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (THIS is my fav organic brand)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
FOR THE SALAD
- 5–6 ounces butter leaf lettuce
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 1 peach, sliced
- pickled red onions (see recipe HERE)
- extra fresh dill
- 3 soft boiled eggs, halved (*see notes)
- 8 ounces of smoked trout, broken into small pieces
- TO MAKE DRESSING: whisk together all dressing ingredients until creamy smooth. Set aside.
- TO ASSEMBLE SALAD: arrange butter leaf lettuce and arugula on a large platter or salad bowl. Mix in cucumbers, and peach slices. Top with pickled onions, extra fresh dill, egg halves and large flakes of smoked trout. Drizzle with dressings.
- I make my soft boiled eggs in a steamer basket. Once water comes to a boil, place room temperature eggs into steamer basket and cover. Steam for 6 and 1/2 to 7 minutes, depending on how jammy soft you like your eggs. Immerse in cold ice water immediately to stop cooking.
- If serving this entire salad right away, you can also toss the greens, cucumber, and peaches in the dressing. Then top with onions, fresh dill, eggs, and trout.