- 2 tsp curry powder (like this)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (like this)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (like this)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (like this)
- several grinds of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (optional for some spice)
- 2 tbsp butter, ghee, of coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA free coconut milk)
- 1 cup broth (bone broth OR vegetable broth)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tsp fresh grated ginger (depending on how gingery you like it)
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 small head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 2 pounds whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- fresh cilantro
- lemon wedges
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, turmeric, cumin, garam masala, pepper, and cayenne (if using.) Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of fat of choice and saute onions until onions are translucent and starting to brown. Add garlic and spices and cook for another 30 seconds until spices are fragrant. Turn off heat and add in coconut milk, broth, ginger and salt. Stir to combine.
- While onions cook, chop your sweet potatoes and cauliflower. Layer chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, and cauliflower in to slow cooker. Pour coconut milk mixture over top. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours. When cook time is done, remove chicken breasts from slow cooker. Set aside.
- Add peas to slow cooker. Then shred chicken with 2 forks and add back to slow cooker. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges.