- 4 pounds beef short ribs
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (like these)
- 1/2 cup good quality homemade broth
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar (I use this one)
- 4 TBS raw honey
- 1 TBS grated ginger
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- Place short ribs at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and pour over top of ribs. Toss to evenly coat.
- Cook on LOW for at least 6 hours, turning the ribs once for more even cooking.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker and set aside to cool. Skim fat from top of liquid in the slow cooker. (I pour it into a large measuring cup and place it in the fridge for a bit so the fat rises to the surface.)
- Pour the liquid from the slow cooker into a small pot on the stove top. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes to reduce liquid. Remove from heat and stir in 1 TBS toasted sesame oil.
- Using your fingers, pull the meat off of the bones and shred into small chunks. Pour desired amount of sauce over top and stir to evenly coat.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve over cute little lettuce cups. Eat and Enjoy!