A moist, delicious cake layered with a nut/cinnamon streusel and fresh, juicy blueberries. Super simple to throw together. Gluten and grain free.
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 3 tbsp butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted (like this OR like this)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder (like this)
FOR COFFEE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Liberally grease an 10 inch cast iron skillet and set aside.
- Combine streusel ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, and melted fat of choice. Pour wet into dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour half of batter into greased skillet, spreading it to cover bottom. Layer half of streusel mixture and half of the blueberries on top. Pour on the rest of batter and then layer remaining streusel and blueberries on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and set in center. Enjoy!