- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (like this)
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup nuts, roughly chopped (I used pecans, cashews, and sliced almonds)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (flax meal) (like this or like this)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom OR 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 300’F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture in an even layer onto prepared baking sheet, pressing it down with the back of a spatula.. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on baking sheet before breaking into pieces. Store in air-tight glass jar in pantry for one week, in fridge for about a month, or freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
In order to protect the healthy fats, I like to make my own flax meal by grinding golden flax seeds in a coffee grinder just before I use it. You can also buy pre-ground flax meal. Be sure to store in fridge and use it up soon after opening.
Coconut oil is my go-to with granola, but you can use melted ghee as well (not vegan).