A crispy and delicious gluten free granola made in just a few minutes of prep time + with just a few basic ingredients. Your new everyday granola recipe.
Once you’ve made homemade granola, there’s no going back.
Today I’m sharing my super simple gluten free granola recipe that you can use to build you own personalized granola mix.
It’s crispy, sweet but not too sweet, + loaded with good for you ingredients. Makes the PERFECT crunchy snack or quick breakfast. Eat it right out of the jar or pour on your favorite non-dairy milk.
Gluten Free Granola Recipe Deets:
It’s a basic mix of gluten free oats, nuts, flax meal, + chia seeds, all coated in coconut oil + maple syrup.
And the best part is that you can customize the recipe to make it just right for YOU. Here’s some suggestions:
❤️ I used pecans, cashews, and slivered almonds, but feel free to use whatever nuts (or seeds) make you happy.
❤️ Coconut oil is my go-to with granola, but you can use melted ghee as well (not vegan/dairy free).
❤️ Add some large coconut flakes to the mix before you bake.
❤️ Add raisins, dried cranberries, chopped dried dates or any other dried fruit after the granola has baked and cooled.
❤️ Add you favorite chocolate chips after the granola has baked and cooled. My favorite are Enjoy Dark Chocolate Chips.
Tips for Making Granola:
❤️ Bake at a lower temperature. I bake my granola at 300’F.
❤️ Make sure your wet ingredients thoroughly coat your dry ingredients.
❤️ Spread granola out evenly on baking sheet and gently press it down with a spatula to help it create some nice chunks. When you flip it halfway through baking, press it down again.
❤️ Let granola cool completely before breaking into pieces.
DID YOU MAKE THIS AND LOVE IT? I WANT TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS. SHARE THE LOVE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG @savorylotus AND USE THE HASHTAG #savorylotus FOR A CHANCE TO BE FEATURED. FOLLOW SAVORY LOTUS ON PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK TO KEEP UP WITH LATEST CONTENT AND UPDATES.Print
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder OR 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (like this)
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup nuts, roughly chopped (I used pecans, cashews, and sliced almonds)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (flax meal) (like this or like this)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom OR 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 300’F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Spread mixture in an even layer onto prepared baking sheet, pressing it down with the back of a spatula.. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on baking sheet before breaking into pieces. Store in air-tight glass jar in pantry for one week, in fridge for about a month, or freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
In order to protect the healthy fats, I like to make my own flax meal by grinding golden flax seeds in a coffee grinder just before I use it. You can also buy pre-ground flax meal. Be sure to store in fridge and use it up soon after opening.
Coconut oil is my go-to with granola, but you can use melted ghee as well (not vegan).
CLICK HERE to PIN THIS!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.