Simple Coconut Flour Cake
- Yield: one 9 inch round cake
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Oil a 9″ round cake pan and line bottom of pan with unbleached parchment paper (like this) cut into circle to fit the bottom.
- In a large bowl, sift together coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together 3 eggs, fat of choice, coconut milk, maple syrup/honey, and vanilla until foamy.
- Add wet to dry and mix well to combine.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until thick soft peaks form. Fold very gently into cake batter. Pour into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean and cake is golden.
- There is fine art to whipping and folding egg whites. It is helpful if you use a VERY clean bowl, make sure that no egg yolk gets into the whites, and use room temperature eggs.
- There have been a few questions about how I measure my coconut oil. I melt my coconut oil first then measure out the proper amount. I find it to be a more accurate way to do it.