- 2 cans canned salmon – drained (6 oz. cans) (I use THIS sustainably-caught brand)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 2 fresh cloves, crushed)
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs – finely chopped (dill, parsley, basil, and/or cilantro)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup almond flour (I use THIS brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee or avocado oil for cooking
- butter lettuce, arugula, and pickled red onions for serving (recipe for easy pickled red onions HERE)
FOR AVOCADO AIOLI
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise (I like THIS one)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt to taste
- a few splashes of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, combine salmon, eggs, garlic powder, fresh herbs, lemon juice, lemon zest, almond flour, salt, and pepper until well incorporated.
- Form 4 patties and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add cooking fat. Once pan is nice and hot, gently add salmon burgers and turn heat down to medium. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until golden on bottom. Flip and cook another 4-5 minutes until cooked all the way through and golden.
- While burgers cook, prepare avocado aioli by processing all aioli ingredients in a food processor or blender until creamy smooth.
- Serve salmon burgers over crisp butter lettuce and arugula. Top with avocado aioli. Maybe add some pickled red onions. Enjoy!
Keywords: salmon burgers