- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS finely ground brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp unrefined salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature (like this)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp coconut sugar (like this)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA-free coconut milk)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 and 1/2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp coconut sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment paper, allowing the sides of the paper to come up the sides of the pan.
- Whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the coconut oil until softened (about 30 seconds.) Add the coconut sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat until eggs are well incorporated.
- Turn hand mixer on low and add flour mixture and coconut milk. Mix gently until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the blueberries over the top. Arrange peach slices in a circle over the top of the batter and berries. And scatter the remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries on top. Sprinkle top with extra coconut sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 35-42 minutes, until center is cooked and cake is golden. I suggest checking earlier as almond flour has a tendency to burn quickly.
- Remove from oven, lift cake out of pan with sides of parchment paper, and allow to cool. Serve and enjoy!