- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tsp ]unrefined sea salt
- 1 TBS fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 TBS coconut oil (like this) or ghee (like this) for cooking
- 1 bunch fresh basil (leaves only)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (like these) or raw pumpkin seeds
- salad greens of choice (arugula is so good here)
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar (like this)
- salt and pepper
- Mix ground lamb, rosemary, and salt until thoroughly combined. (I use my hands here) And form into 1 inch thick patties.
- Melt fat of choice in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties, flipping once, until browned and cooked to desired doneness. I cook mine about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, place basil, olive oil, lemon, garlic, and salt into a food processor. Process until you achieve a smooth texture. You will need to scrape the sides a few times. Then add the hemp seeds (or pumpkin seeds) and pulse until desired pesto consistency. Adjust for salt and lemon.
- Toss your salad greens in a titch of olive oil, white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Place your lamb burger on top. Add a dollop of pesto. ENJOY!