- 1 cup tapioca flour (like this)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (like this)
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (where to buy BPA and additive free coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup ghee (like this) or coconut oil (like this) or avocado oil (like this)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- olive oil and extra sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450’F and place a pizza stone, cast iron skillet, or very thick pizza pan into oven to heat up.
- Gently heat up coconut milk and ghee in a small sauce pan until very warm but not boiling
- Combine tapioca flour, sifted coconut flour, and salt in a large bowl. Pour coconut/ghee mixture on top. Mix until thoroughly combined. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes to cool and for coconut flour to absorb.
- Add beaten egg and mix again until full combined.
- CAREFULLY remove hot stone/pan from the oven, cover with unbleached parchment paper, and pour mixture into center. Using a spatula, evenly spread mixture until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle on rosemary and garlic.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on how crispy you like it. Garnish with olive oil and sea salt. Enjoy!
I have made this flatbread numerous times and find that the best results come from using ghee or butter. I have also recommended using coconut oil OR avocado oil, but the flavor will not be as savory. If using coconut oil, I recommend using a combo of coconut oil and ghee/butter to mellow out the coconut flavor.