- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Spread sliced bananas into a 9×12 baking dish. Drizzle on melted coconut oil and sprinkle on coconut sugar. Toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bananas are browned and the liquid is bubbling. Be sure to stir the bananas one time halfway through baking.
- FOR OPTIONAL GELATIN: While bananas are baking, place 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the surface and allow to soften for at least 10 minutes.
- Once bananas are done, place coconut milk, vanilla, and salt into a blender. Add the gelatin mixture. Then scrape in the entire pan of roasted bananas and bubbly juices. Blend until completely smooth. Place in fridge to cool completely- best overnight.
- Pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Serve immediately as soft serve. OR place into freezer safe container and freeze until firm enough to scoop. (I like to firmly press a piece of parchment paper over the top of ice cream to help avoid freezer burn.)