- Preheat oven to 325’F
- Place pork pieces into heavy dutch oven (like this) and sprinkle salt, cumin, and chili powder on top. Give a little mix to evenly coated and arrange pork in a single layer in the pan.
- Add bay leaves, orange juice, lime juice, and garlic. Then add just enough water to cover pork pieces about 2/3 of the way. (Do not totally submerse.)
- Cover pan and place into oven for 2 and 1/2 hours, turning the meat once.
- Remove pan from oven. Carefully pull pork pieces out of pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Remove bay leaves from pan and bring the remaining liquid in the pan to a boil on the stove top. Simmer until you have about a cup of liquid left. (Mine took about 8 minutes)
- When pork is cool enough to handle, shred into bite-sized pieces and arrange single layer onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Pour the remaining liquid from pan over shredded meat and place back into oven until crisp and brown to your liking- anywhere from 8-15 minutes.
- Serve with a bit of kale guacamole, fresh cilantro and spicy salsa. Heaven!