Happy Wednesday, everyone. Today I am I am featuring a guest post from Lauren who creates magic over at Oatmeal with a Fork. Be sure to check out her site for her beautiful and amazing recipes. One of my recent favorites was her Thick Raw Lemon Bars.
Greetings Savory Lotus readers! My name is Lauren, and I blog over at Oatmeal with a Fork. My focus there is to create the healthiest recipes I can, without sacrificing taste! I was so happy when Katja asked me to guest host for her, as I feel we have very similar views on healthy eating.
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to lunches, Quinoa and Black Bean Salad…
I absolutely love quinoa! It’s easy and fast to make, it boasts a high amount of protein, and it contains a complete amino acid profile….and did I mention it’s absolutely delicious?
When paired with black beans, a rainbow of vegetables, cumin, and cayenne, this salad is both light in your stomach, but filling enough to keep you satisfied.
- 2¾ c. cooked and cooled quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked)**
- 1 c. black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ c. carrot, diced
- ¼ c. celery stalk, diced
- ½ c. tomatoes, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 t. fresh garlic, minced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. + 1 t. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. apple cider vinegar
- ½ t. sea salt
- ½ t. cumin
- a few dashes of cayenne pepper
- a few grinds of black pepper
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.