- 5 eggs (preferably pastured)
- 3/4 cup milk (any kind will do)
- 3/4 cup cooked, pureed pumpkin (fresh is best but canned will work)
- 3/4 cup almond flour (I use THIS brand)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder (like this)
- 1/8 tsp clove powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (like this ONE)
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (I use this one)
- 3 TBS grass fed butter or ghee
- A big handful of chocolate chips (where to buy dairy, soy, and nut free chips)
- REAL maple syrup, warm fruit, or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 450’F and place skillet into oven.
- Combine milk and eggs in a large bowl and whisk vigorously. Add pumpkin puree, almond flour, salt, vanilla, and spices. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
- Remove skillet from oven. Drop in ghee or butter and return to oven for 2-3 minutes, until completely melted.
- Remove skillet from oven and pour pumpkin spiced batter into skillet. Do not stir. The butter/ghee will pool on top of the batter. Place back in oven.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until turning golden brown and slightly crispy at edges. Throw a handful of chocolate chips on top and serve warm. Enjoy!