An easy, warming meal for the winter months.Print
- 5 cups pumpkin puree (fresh baked)
- 1 quart chicken bone broth (plus a little additional water)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 TBS ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- 3 carrots, chopped (or 2 small yams, chopped)
- 1 TBS grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1–2 Tbs lemon juice, fresh
- celtic sea salt to taste
- cilantro, chopped for garnish
- OPTIONAL : for a creamier soup
- ½ cup coconut milk
- In a skillet sauté onion in ghee/butter/oil until translucent and starting to brown.
- Add curry powder and let cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring (set aside and let cool)
- Heat broth in medium pot, add carrots, ginger, and oregano… cover and simmer slowly until carrots are soft (about 10 minutes)
- Add pumpkin puree and onions, stir, and continue to cook on low temperature for 10 minutes to let flavors meld. Add a little additional water if it seems too thick. (add optional coconut milk if desired)
- Puree with emersion blender (or in regular blender in small batches) Add water as necessary.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with a little cilantro
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.