- 2 spaghetti squash
- a titch of coconut oil (like this) or ghee (like this) for oiling squash
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves only
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (I use this one)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds (like these) or raw pumpkin seeds
- 4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400’F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, and place skin side up on a greased baking sheets. Lightly oil the outside skin as well. (I use coconut oil or ghee). Bake for 35-45 minutes , or until fork-tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place basil, olive oil, lemon, garlic, and salt into a food processor. Process until you achieve a smooth texture. You will need to scrape the sides a few times.
- Add the hemp seeds (or pumpkin seeds) and pulse until desired pesto consistency. Adjust for salt and lemon.
- Once squash are a bit cool, scrape out the tender “noodles” into a large bowl and toss with the pesto. Fill squash shells with pesto “noodles,” garnish with chopped bacon, and serve.