The classic holiday pecan pie transformed into easy-to-eat bars. Gooey caramelized pecans on top of a nutty crust make this decadent treat impossible not to love. Gluten free.
- 1 and 1/2 cups almond flour (I use THIS fine, blanched brand)
- 8 tbsp cold butter or ghee (1 stick), chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (I use THIS brand)
- 6 tbsp butter (or ghee)
- 3/4 cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pecan halves, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper coming up the sides.
- To prepare the crust, in a food processor, pulse together almond flour, cold butter, and coconut sugar until it resembles coarse flour. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until nice and golden on top. Remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling by melting 6 tablespoon of butter (ghee) in a small pot. Add coconut sugar, maple syrup, and salt and bring to a simmer for about one minute. Turn off heat. Pour hot mixture into a large glass bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, whisk in vanilla extract and the 3 eggs. Be sure to mix continually so eggs do not cook.
- Stir chopped pecans into mixture and pour over pre-baked crust. Return to oven and bake for 25 minutes until nice and caramelized and center is starting to set. It will still be slightly giggly.
- Cool for one hour then place into fridge to set even more. Bars are easier to cut when cold. Enjoy!