- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (like this)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp pumpkin puree (like this)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (THIS is my fav brand)
- 1 and 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (like this) (or sub 1/4 cup almond flour)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (I like THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (like this)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I use THIS dairy and soy free brand)
- Whisk together peanut butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse oats several times until broken up but not powdery. How chunky you want your oats is a personal preference.
- Add oats, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, shredded coconut, and salt to peanut butter mixture. Mix to combine. Hands work best here. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 24 balls. Using a mini ice cream scoop will help keep them uniform.
- Store in air-tight container in fridge or freezer
I like Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice or you can make your own: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon all spice, and 1/8 teaspoon clove powder. Use 1 teaspoon of this mixture for this recipe.
THIS is the ice cream scoop set that use for making balls. I use the smaller of the three.
Keywords: energy balls