- 1/3 cup plain coconut milk yogurt (like this) (or use coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar (like this)
- 1¾ cups blanched almond flour (I use this brand)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (I use THIS brand)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup diced strawberries
- ¼ cup whole blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 muffin cups in a 12-cup muffin tin with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place all of the liquid ingredients except the eggs into a blender or food processor. Then place all of the dry ingredients on top. Cover and blend on low 10–15 seconds just until well combined. (Batter will be thick.)
- Add the eggs and blend on low about 15–20 seconds, then increase to high and blend 20–30 seconds, just until eggs are incorporated into the batter. (Do not overmix or muffins will not be tender.)
- Transfer the muffin batter to a bowl and fold in the berries. Evenly divide the pancake muffin batter among the 8 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes, until slightly golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool 2–3 minutes in the tin. Run a knife around the edges of each cup and invert the pan over a sheet of parchment. Then grab a couple and go!