- 2 pounds of grass fed beef or bison (I used bison)
- 1 TBS ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped fine
- 4 cups chopped sweet potatoes (the orange ones that are really called yams), chopped into 1 inch pieces.
- 1/2 to 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups of your favorite red sauce OR crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups good quality homemade broth
- 1 and 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt (like this)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 TBS chili powder (like this)
- 1 TBS cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp allspice powder (like this)
- avocado slices
- fresh cilantro
- Combine all the spices and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt fat of choice in large pots and cook onions until begin to turn translucent and a titch brown. Add ground meat and garlic. Continue to cook until meat is completely browned.
- Pour in red sauce (or crushed tomatoes) and broth. Add spice mixture. Give it a good mix, cover, and let simmer for 5 minutes to meld flavors.
- Add sweet potatoes and celery, give another good mix, cover, and let simmer very gently for 40 minutes, stirring a a couple of times.
- Top with loads of avocado slices and fresh cilantro and serve. ENJOY!!