- 1/2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces (I used dark meat)
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3 cups chopped veggies (I used carrots, zucchini, and broccoli)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, homemade or canned (this one is a BPA-free)
- 1/2 cup homemade broth (chicken, beef, or veggie)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- juice from one large lime (or 2 small)
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBS coconut aminoes (a healthy substitute for soy sauce) (like this)
- 2 TBS toasted sesame oil
- 1 TBS fresh ginger, grated fine
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt (I use THIS one)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, powdered
- PLUS coconut oil, butter, or ghee for cooking
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- Cook spaghetti squash until tender. I like to cut the squash in half and cook in crockpot on high for 2-2.5 hours with about an inch of water in the bottom. Comes out perfect. OR pierce the outside of squash SEVERAL times with a fork and then roast WHOLE squash in shallow baking dish for one hour in preheated 375’F oven.
- When cool enough to handle, cut lengthwise (if you haven’t already) and scoop the seeds and fibrous strings from the center of the cooked spaghetti squash
- Gently scrape the tines of a kitchen fork around the edge of the spaghetti squash to shred the pulp into strands (this is your noodles) Set aside
TO MAKE SAUCE:
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a medium pot over low heat. Stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBS fat of your choice in a skillet on medium heat. Add chicken bits and cook until lightly browned. Add minced garlic in at the last minute and saute a minute or two. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add a titch of oil to pan and pour in eggs and cook until eggs are thoroughly cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another titch of oil and sautes veggies until beginning to soften (about 4-5 minutes)
- Add chicken, eggs, and sauce to skillet and mix thoroughly.
- Add spaghetti squash and mix again
- Serve immediately
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges