- 1 and 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (I like THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder OR tapioca flour (Like THIS or THIS)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, butter, or ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 and 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
FOR THE GLAZE:
- Preheat oven to 350′ F. Grease a loaf pan (9×5) and cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of pan.
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca/arrowroot, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey/maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread one third of the batter onto bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the blueberries on top. Spread another third of the batter and another third of the blueberries. Repeat one more time with the remaining batter and berries.
- Bake 32-37 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cover with foil if top begins to brown too much. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While loaf cools, prepare the glaze by whisking together all of the glaze ingredients. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a glossy, liquidy, smooth consistency. Once loaf has cooled, pour glaze over top of loaf, letting it drips down the sides.