- 3 tbsp ghee, butter or fat of choice
- 3 sausages, sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves, garlic, minced
- 3 packed cups kale, de-stemmed and ripped into small pieces
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 3–4 tbsp broth or water for steaming
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of fat of choice over medium heat. Cook sausage slices until nice and browned on both sides – about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add one tablespoon more of fat and add onions to skillet. Cook until soft and translucent – about 5 minutes. Add garlic (and any dry seasoning mix if using) and cook another minute. Toss in kale and cook until desired doneness. Add a tablespoon or two of broth or water to help kale wilt and to deglaze the pan. Scrape veggies out of skillet onto a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of fat to skillet and add sweet potato noodles. Gently toss in fat and cook for 4-6 minutes, until slightly al dente. Add a tablespoon or two of broth or water if necessary to keep noodles nice and soft and from sticking to pan. Do not over cook as noodles will break apart and be soggy.
- Turn off heat and add cooked veggies and sausages back to pan. Gently toss to combine. Garnish with fresh herbs and avocado if desired.
I used a mix of orange jewel sweet potatoes and white Japanese sweet potatoes. Any type will do.