Got ripe bananas? Make this one bowl, no fuss, super moist banana bread. So good. No one will believe it’s gluten + grain free.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, ghee, or coconut oil – melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour (I use THIS blanched brand)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (like this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- optional toppings: chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350’F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper or liberally grease. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Whisk in eggs, melted fat, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until well incorporated. Stir in almond flour, tapioca, baking soda, salt, and chopped nuts until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil and bake another 15-20 minutes , until toothpick in center comes out in the center. (Almond flour will get overly brown if you don’t cover during last part of baking.)
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove from loaf pan and cool on cooling rack before slicing. Enjoy!
If you don’t have tapioca flour, you can sub arrowroot powder.