FOR ENERGY BALLS
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (like this)
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini (I like THIS toasted brand)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1–2 tsp matcha powder ( I like THIS brand) ** see note below
- Process apricots in a food processor until completely broken up and starting to form a paste. Add the rest of the energy ball ingredients and process until well combined and nuts and seeds are broken up into tiny pieces. Taste and adjust for sweetness and salt.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll into small balls. Set aside.
- Dust each ball with optional toppings: extra matcha, coconut shreds, pistachio pieces or cacao powder. Place in fridge to set for at least an hour. Store in air tight container in fridge for up to a week OR freeze for longer shelf life.
- I love dried apricots because they are not as sweet as some dried fruits. Feel free to experiment with raisins, dates, or dried cherries as well.
- I used tahini, but almond butter, sunflower butter, or cashew butter works great too.
- For better digestion, I always recommend using soaked/sprouted nuts and seeds. You can either buy them already soaked OR make your own. Simply soak in water with a bit of sea salt overnight. Drain and rinse. And dehydrate at 110’F until crispy.
** The recipe calls for 1-2 tsp of matcha. If you are sensitive to caffeine, use one. If you rock caffeine like a boss, use two.