No Bake Mango Blackberry Cheesecake (gluten free, paleo, and vegan)
- Prep Time: 40
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: one 6 inch cake
- Category: dessert
- Method: no bake
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup shelled pistachios (like this)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (like this)
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, soaked in water for 10 minutes and drained (like this)
CASHEW CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (I use THIS BPA free brand)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (I like THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR MANGO LAYER
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and chopped
FOR BLACKBERRY LAYER
- 1 cup (packed) fresh or frozen blackberries
- Grease a 6 inch springform pan with coconut oil and line bottom with a circle of parchment paper.
- To prepare crust: Pulse nuts and seeds in a food processor until broken up and crumbly. Add soaked and drained apricots and process until forms a loose, sticky dough. Press dough into prepared springform pan. Place into freezer while you prep the filling.
- In a high speed blender OR food processor, blend soaked and drained cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla until creamy, velvety smooth (be patient, this could take a couple of minutes.) Be sure to scrape sides a couple of times. Adjust for sweetness and lemon.
- Scoop out one cup of mixture and set aside (for blackberry layer)
- Add mango pieces to remaining cashew mixture and puree again until completely smooth. Remove crust from freezer and pour mango mixture on top, smoothing it out the top and tapping pan on counter to allow it to settle nicely. Place into freezer to set for about 20 minutes.
- In the same blender/food processor, add the one cup of cashew filling that you set aside and blackberries and process until creamy smooth. Remove mango layer cake from freezer and spread blackberry mixture over top.
- Return to freezer to completely firm up – at least 3-4 hours.
- Before serving, allow to sit out for 15-30 minutes (depending on how soft you want it) to make cutting easier. Using a warm knife makes this job easier. Simply run knife under hot water and dry.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in freezer.
- I used pistachios and sunflower seeds in my crust feel free to use 1 and 1/2 cups of any nuts or seeds that make you happy.
- If you don’t have dried apricots, you can sub 6-7 pitted dates.
- I used a 6 inch springform pan for this cake. You can also use an 8 inch springform pan. The cake just won’t be as tall.