Yup, I made cookies for breakfast. These Granola Breakfast Cookies are a quick and easy, make-ahead breakfast treat or snack (no baking involved!!) They’re made with your fav granola and loaded with fresh fruit and yogurt.
It’s summer, which means that I have an extra helper when I’m working. My Little One has grown up in the Savory Lotus kitchen and is my favorite extra set of hands for photo shoots. As with most moms who work from home, I have to get creative and flexible during summer in order to get my work done.
I’m not usually a granola girl in the mornings. If I have a bowl of my Paleo Hazelnut and Cacao Granola or Pumpkin Spice Granola (both gluten and paleo), it’s most likely going to be as little sweet snack in the afternoon. But after seeing several versions of granola pizza floating around Pinterest, I had the idea to create a smaller version that could pass for a breakfast cookie loaded with all of the fabulous summer fruit that’s in season right now.
Don’t judge. It’s not like we eat cookies for breakfast every day. And I have to admit, these little beauties are pretty fun to eat.
Here’s why I love No Bake Granola Breakfast Cookies:
….no bake. Less than 10 minutes to throw together.
….make ahead. This recipe makes 4-6 breakfast cookies that will be waiting in the freezer for you to enjoy.
….your fav granola. Make your own. Buy your fav. Gluten and grain free, if that’s your jam. No added sweeteners, if you like.
….creamy yogurt. I opt for a plain dairy free, but you can use whatever yogurt makes you happy.
….all the summer fruit and berries. Because summer fruit and berries is EVERYTHING!
….versatile. Your cookie. Your way. The topping possibilities are endless.
….happiness. Because hello….cookies for breakfast. Or brunch. Or anytime you feel like it.
I’ve made these cookies with both of the granolas I mentioned above. I’ve also made them with a store-bought gluten and grain free granola. THIS is my favorite paleo brand.
The bottom line: these granola breakfast cookies are fabulous. Kids love them for breakfast. They make a fun and healthy brunch addition. And they make an easy snack when you don’t have a ton of time.
And they are so incredibly tasty!
- 2 cups of your favorite granola (THIS is my fav gluten and grain free paleo granola)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (like this)
- 1/4 cup nut butter of any kind (or sunflower seed butter or tahini)
- plain, unsweetened dairy free yogurt (or any yogurt that you love)
- fresh fruit and berries
- chopped pistachios
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse granola 3-4 times to break up any big clumps. Place granola into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a double boiler or small pot. Turn off heat and add nut butter. Stir until creamy smooth.
- Pour wet mixture over granola and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Scoop out mixture onto prepared baking sheet with either a 1/3 cup scoop or 1/2 cup scoop (depending on how big you want your cookies.) You will get 4-6 cookies total. Using your fingers, press each scoop into a round cookie shape, pressing the center of the cookies a bit lower so that the toppings will stay in place better.
- Place into freezer to harden, for at least 45 minutes. Once cookies are set, remove from freezer, spread yogurt over cookie and top with your favorite fruit/berries and pistachios. Enjoy immediately.
- Store cookies in freezer in a tightly sealed container until ready to serve.
Click HERE to PIN THIS!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.